Neeraj Chopra Biography, Age, Wiki & Unknown Facts
Neeraj Chopra is an Indian Javelin thrower who brought laurels winning Gold Medal for India in Tokyo Olympics. Neeraj Chopra VSM(Vishist Sewa Medal) is serving as Junior Commissioned Officer in Indian Army. Neeraj hurled the Javelin at 88.07m and broke his own National record. His previous record was 88.06m at 2018 Asian Games where he won Gold medal. Earlier, Neeraj was 2016 World U20 Championship. On 7 Aug 2021, he became first track and field athlete to win an Olympic Gold medal for India. Lets know more about Neeraj Chopra Biography, Age, Family & Unknown Fact.
|Full Name||Neeraj Chopra|
|Landed on Earth||24 Dec 1997|
|Birthplace||Khandra, Panipat, Haryana|
|Age||24 Years as on 2021|
|School||Govt. School Haryana|
|College/University||DAV College, Chandigarh|
|Profession||Javelin Thrower & Junior Commissioned Officer|
|Debut||International debut-2015 World Junior Wrestling Championship(56 kg) in Salvador da Bhahia|
|Sister||Sangeeta & Sarita|
2.User Hohn(Personal Coach)
Marital Status, Affairs & More
|Affairs/ Girlfriend(s):||No Girlfriend|
In Feet Inches-6′
Traits & Trivia
|Food Habit||Non Veg|
Interests & Favorites
|Hobbies||Traveling, Playing Kabbadi & Volleyball|
|Favorite Javelin Thrower||Jan Zelezny|
Net-worth & Social
|Net-Worth||₹ 20 Crores (Approx)|
|2016||World U20 Championship||Gold|
|2017||Asian Grand Prix Series||Bronze|
|2017||Asian Grand Prix Series||Silver|
|2021||Tokyo Olympics 2020||Gold|
Some Unknown Facts About Neeraj Chopra
- Neeraj Chopra lives in a joint family with more than 17 others members in Haryana, Panipat.
- During his childhood, he was obese child. He weighed 80 kg at the age of 11.
- He used to visit Panipat Stadium during vacations. During his visits he saw his senior Jaiveer, who represented Haryana in Javelin practice. One day, at Jaiveer’s behest, he tried Javelin and he could throw it far and thereon he generated self-esteem.
- As a kid Neeraj was mischievous kid.
- Neeraj started his training in the Javelin at th Sports Authority of India, Panchkula. Due to lack of proper facilities, he continued his training at the Taluka Devi Lal Stadium in Panchkula, Haryana.
- Neeraj states that it was his senior Jaiveer who first recognised Neeraj’s skills and talent as a Javelin thrower and helped him in his training.
- After years of training, Neeraj participated in international Javelin throw competitions and won various medals.
- In 2016, Neeraj won U-20 World Championship and making a National record. At that occasion Facebook CEO Mark Zukerberg congratulated him on social media.
- He was appointed as Junior Commissioned Officer(Subedar) in the Indian Army in 2016. He was awarded VSM(Vishisht Sewa Medal) in Army.
- He was flag bearer of India at the Asian Games 2018.
- In 2018, he got elbow injury in 68th All India Inter Services Atheletics and underwent surgery.
- He represented India in Tokyo Olympics 2020. On 7 Aug 2021, he scripted history winning Gold Medal in Tokyo with a mark of 87.58m and became first Indian to win a Gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Apart from Sports, Neeraj loves to ride bike and owes dashing Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Neeraj is animal lover and often shares pics with animals.
- Neeraj Chopra dedicated his Gold Medal in Olympics to Milkha Singh.
- Prices Neeraj Chopra got for winning Gold Medal in London Olympics
Authority Price(₹) Haryana Government 6 Crore Punjab Government 2 Crore Byju’s 2 Crore BCCI 1 Crore Chennai Super Kings 1 Crore Indigo Airlines Free Ticket for 1 year Haryana Government To be Head of upcoming Center of Excellence for Atheletics in Panchkula(Haryana) Anand Mahindra Mahindra XUV700 Car(₹ 20 Lakh)
Some Photos of Neeraj Chopra
You May Like:-