Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Biography,Wiki,Age,Family and Amazing Facts
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, often referred to Sadhguru is Indian yogi, visionary, poet and auther. Also known as spiritual master with a difference. Sadhguru is Pround founder of Isha foundation, a non-profit organisation. Sadhguru’s words have earned him reputation of preacher all over the world. Lets known more about Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Biography,Wiki,Age,Family and Amazing Facts
|Full Name||Jagdish Vasudev|
Jaggi, Sadhguru(Not to be confused with Satguru)
|Landed on Earth||3 September 1957|
|Age||62 Yrs(as on 2019)|
|School||Demonstration School and Mahajana Pre-University College, Mysore|
|College/University||University of Mysore|
|Profession||Yoga preacher, Poet, Author|
|Father||Dr Vasudev(An Ophthalmologist)|
Marital Status, Affairs & More
Vijaya Kumari(Banker, died on 23 Jan 1997 at the age of 33)
|Daughter||Radhe Jaggi(Born in 1990 and married to Sandeep Narayan, a Carnatic Classical Singer)
|Height||in centimeters- 172 cm
in Feet Inches- 5’8″
in Meters- 1.72 m
Traits & Trivia
Interests & Favorites
|Hobbies||Playing games, Trekking|
|Net Worth||$ 3 Million|
Some Unknown Facts about Jaggi Sadhguru
- Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev was the youngest of four children – two boys and two girls.
- At the age of 10, he learnt simple yoga from Malladihalli Sri Raghavendra Swamiji.
- During college years, he was very fond of motorcycles.
- When he was 25 years old, he sat on a rock on Chamundi Hill and he had spiritual experience.
- He conducted his first yoga class in 1983, with seven participants in Mysore.
- In 1993, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev established the Isha Foundation, a nonreligious, non-profit organisation entirely run by volunteers.
- In 1999, Sadhguru established Dhyanalinga, a yogic temple and a space for meditation. Dhyanalinga was established in Isha Foundation premises itself.
- Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is designer of 112-foot Adiyogi Shiva statue, which is located at the Isha Yoga Center.
- He organised holy journey to Mount Kailash and the Himalayas for spiritual aspirants. He led a group of 514
- In 2012, he was voted among the hundred most powerful Indians for his contribution in the field of environmental protection and for encouraging public participation in ecological issues.
- Sadhguru Jaggi was conferred the Padma Vibhushan civilian award by the Government of India in 2017 in recognition of his contribution to the field of spirituality.
- He has also spoken at various educational institutions and companies including, Oxford University, Stanford University, Harvard University, Yale University, The Wharton School, London School of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Google, Microsoft, Headquarters of the United Nations, World Economic Forum, Australian Leadership Retreat, Indian Economic Summit and TED.