Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Biography,Wiki,Age,Income,Family & Facts(Updated)
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a humanitarian leader, spiritual teacher and ambassador of peace. His vision to make stress free, violence free society connects million of people all over the world. Sri Sri is founder of the ‘Art of Living Foundation’, which is one of the world’s largest humanitarian, non-governmental organizations.
|Full Name||Ravi Shankar|
|Nick Name||Sri Sri|
|Landed on Earth||13 May 1956|
|Birthplace||Papanasam, Thanjavur, TamilNadu|
|Age||63 Years (As on 2019)|
|Qualification||Degree in Vedic Literature and Physics|
|College/University||St Joseph’s College, Bangalore(1973)|
|Father||R. S. Venkat Ratnam|
|Sister||Bhanumathi Narshimhan (Director of Child and Women Welfare Activities-Art of Living)|
Marital Status, Affairs & More
|Height||In centimeters-165 cm
in Feet Inches-5’5”
In Meters-1.65 m
Traits & Trivia
|Quotient||Ravi Shakar’s ‘Art of Living’ course is a part of the training program for NASA Astronauts.|
Awards & Achievements
|1986||Yoga Siromani award by govt of India|
|1997||‘Guru Mahatmya Award’ by the Government of Maharashtra|
|2005||‘Global Humanitarian Award’ in Illinois, USA|
|2012||National Order of Merito de Comuneros by Paraguay|
|2016||Padam Vibhushan Award by President of India|
|Net Worth||Rs 1500 Crore(Approx)|
Some Quick Facts about Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Ravi Shankar was extremely gifted and always dreamt of building a peaceful world since childhood.
- Ravi was able to recite verses from the Bhagwad Gita, an ancient Sanskrit text and also started practicing meditation with his parents at very small age of four.
- He began studying Vedic literature with Sudhakar Chaturvedi and simultaneously attended the school at MES in Bangalore. In 1973, at the age of 17, he graduated with degrees in both Physics and Vedic Literature.
- After graduation, he came in contact of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and became his close aid.
- He established the ‘Art of Living Foundation’ in 1982 and in 1983 he held first Art of Living course in Europe, Switzerland.
- It was in 1997 that Ravi founded the International Association for Human Values (IAHV)organization that aims to bring development to rural areas.
- In 2004 when Tsunami hit Indian coast, volunteers from the ‘Art of Living Foundation’ provided the tsunami victims with aid, food and shelter.
- Today, the Art of Living Foundation has marked its presence over 152 countries, with millions of followers.’Art of Living’ course is also a part of the training program for NASA Astronauts.
- He was announced 5th Most powerful leader in India by Forbes magazine in 2009.
- Some excerpts from his exclusive interview